What information we collect
If you give us your personal information we will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles as amended from time to time.
These principles include:
- how we collect your personal information;
- how we use or disclose it;
- how we maintain it;
- our transparency with it;
- how you can access and correct your data;
- your right to anonymity; and
- transborder data flows.
The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interaction with us, the method of interaction, the choices you make and the products and features you use.
The personal information we collect from you may include:
- your title, name, email address, home address or phone number and special dates such as birthdays and anniversaries;
- your spouse or family details if you have registered together for an event and/or your children for any reason;
- information you provide us with if you are applying to volunteer or work for Citipointe Church or register for one of our courses or events;
- other types of personal information including which small group in the church you belong to, church or small group attendance, details of pastoral contacts, significant events such as dates of salvation, water baptism and course completions; or
- financial information such as donation history and your bank details.
We only collect relevant information we need for church purposes and to pastorally care for you. If you have given us your personal information that is of a sensitive nature then we will only lawfully keep and store this information about you if you are a church member or potential member and this information is needed for church purposes and pastoral caring for you.
Some examples of sensitive information include: if you provide us with a prayer request, if you have a criminal record, your racial or ethnic origin, information about your health, your philosophical beliefs, your financial circumstances and pastoral care matters. Users can visit the Citipointe website without revealing who they are or other personal information unless they place an order, donate or provide us with information in some way. Please be aware of our cookies policy below. Citipointe will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
If you become a regular donor, or are a sponsor, or a volunteer making a payment to Citipointe, or purchase something from our online stores, we partner with third party service providers to manage these initial and/or ongoing payments. If you are a regular donor, you may at any time stop or amend these payments by contacting us at the details below. In certain situations we may be unable to provide you with access to some of our services or the assistance you have requested if you do not provide us with certain information. However, in such cases all available avenues will be exhausted in order to accommodate your needs prior to such a denial.
Information from other sources
We may from time to time hear about you from other public sources such as public databases or social media platforms (such as Facebook) as well as from other third parties. For example we may find out more about you from your social media profile; information that you have chosen to make public. This information may be kept and stored if it relates to church purposes and pastorally caring for you.
Images of individuals in photographs or film are treated as personal information under the Privacy Act where the person’s identity is clear or can reasonably be worked out from that image. However, Citipointe upholds that all photographs and video footage of individuals will be used solely for church related purposes including at times promotion. Both video and still photography are an active part of the church life, activities and services. Citipointe uses video and still photography for church related purposes or promotions. In accordance with the privacy act an individual’s consent will be sought if the photograph or video records sensitive information about the individual. Where practically possible Citipointe will seek the consent of individuals in other cases. If you would like to have a video or still image removed from any material, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
How we collect your information
Directly from you
You may give us information either in writing or orally:
- to indicate your interest in some activity of church life where you consent to be contacted by Citipointe;
- when you attend a group or church service;
- when you contact us by means such as email, text, letter or phone;
- when you engage in informal meetings with staff and volunteers;
- when you book or attend an event or program;
- when you volunteer or work for us; or 3
- when you purchase good or services through our website or directly from a Citipointe Location and you provide credit or debit card details.
Through cookies when you visit our site
Where consented or permitted, your personal information is shared with Citipointe who may process your data for necessary purposes. We will always tell you where practical, why we’re collecting your personal information and for what purpose at the point of collection.
How we use your information
We will use your personal information for the following reasons:
- to provide adequate pastoral care as a member or potential member of Citipointe;
- to establish and maintain your involvement with Citipointe, including providing you with birthday cards, newsletters and invitations to special events;
- to provide the products or services you asked us about;
- to answer your inquiry; 4
- to register you for events, conferences or promotions;
- to assist us to make Citipointe’s sites, services and products more valuable to our community;
- to manage our employees, volunteers, interns and students;
- to fundraise for various parts of Citipointe;
- to process donations and related legal rights and obligations;
- to record and acknowledge any donation;
- for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of our ongoing activities, updates, news, campaigns and appeals;
- to work with third parties who assist us to operate Citipointe and provide the products or services you have requested, such as religious education instructors, catering and event coordinators, promotions companies, transport providers, health care providers, website hosts and IT consultants, and our professional advisers such as consultants, lawyers and accountants. In some circumstances we may need to disclose sensitive information about you to third parties as part of the services you have requested in order to complete your request.
- For the different parts of Citipointe to enable the development and promotion of other products and services and to improve our general ability to assist Church attendees and the wider community.
We may need to contact you if we suspect that unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may have happened. We will get in contact with you within 72 hours of knowing something has occurred.
Removing yourself from hearing from us
We will always give you an option to remove yourself from our lists when we send you marketing or newsletter emails. If you do not wish to hear from us, you can tell us when you provide us with your data. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further promotional communications. You can remove your consent by contacting us at the details below or opt-out at any time from our emails.
What we will not do with your information
The information we collect is used only for the purpose we have indicated.
We do not and will not:
- sell, trade, or rent personal information about you to any other party outside of Citipointe
- record credit card information you may supply us with for the purposes of making a one-off purchase or transaction. All sensitive information such as credit card numbers will be responsibly destroyed after the transaction has been completed
- pass on your personal information to anyone unless we are legally bound to do so under any federal or state laws and 5
- process your personal data for other purposes that are not in line with why we collected it in the first place
Who gets to see your information
Because we treat your personal information with the utmost respect, we only allow those who ‘need to know’, see it, that is the volunteers and staff of Citipointe whose task it is to process your data. We regularly check that only the right people have access to your data.
Remember, it’s rare, but if we are required by law, we have to share your information with a legal, statutory or regulatory authority.
In any other circumstance, we will only share you data if we have your explicit and informed consent.
Any information you give us may be held on computers at Citipointe Australian locations and servers based in Australia or in physical form in file systems at Citipointe offices. Personal information is stored on a secure server or in secure files. We use data hosting facilities and third party service providers to assist us with providing our services. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Australia.
How to access or update your information
You have a right to know what personal information Citipointe holds about you. We may take steps to verify your identity before making changes to your information.
However, depending on the law of the country in which you are a resident, regarding sharing of your personal information, you can request a copy of any personal data that Citipointe holds about you in a number of ways:
- By emailing email@example.com
- By phoning +61 7 3343 8888
- By writing to Citipointe Church PO Box 2111 Mansfield Q 4122 Australia
We will provide you with access to your personal information, free of charge, unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request and we will tell you why your request has been denied.
We are unable to update your details if you don’t tell us they have changed. After you tell us, we will take all reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. You can tell us to delete your personal information at any time and so long as by law we are allowed to, we will.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and if lawfully and practically possible, we will delete all information about you.
How long do we keep your information
We will keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with the Law and other legal requirements. If you decide you no longer wish to receive communication from us, your information will be archived in a secure area.
Transferring your data
You may wish us to transfer your data from us to another service provider. Just ask. Our response will be determined by the law of the country in which you reside.
Where required to by law, a data protection officer will be designated who is responsible for monitoring compliance with policy legislation of the country in which you reside and makes sure that your personal data is safe and secure.
Citipointe will take reasonable steps, using appropriate technical measures, to protect any personal information from unauthorised or unlawful processing, against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
We have put in place security measures to protect the personal information that we hold from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or loss, including password protected access. We make sure that only those with express permission have access to your data.
It is not possible to guarantee the security of information over the internet. Please be aware that Citipointe cannot be liable for any breach of security unless we have been negligent. Personal information may also be processed by other third parties operating outside Australia who work for us or for one of our partners. This includes Mailchimp which provides email communication services. Our website may contain links to other sites but it does not mean we have any relationship or affiliation with those sites. We have no control over the privacy practices nor the content, quality, or reliability of these sites. Where you have been given or have chosen log in details enabling you to use any of our online services, including but not limited to our online store, Eventbrite or Elvanto, Citipointe’s database system, you are responsible for keeping these log in details secure. Any downloads of files from our website are provided at your own risk.